Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance

tarbat

I think it is only when foot bake is pressed that clutch becomes partially disengaged

Last car was a Seat Leon with DSG box had it for over 4 years without any issues. I live up north (not as far as you) and do not do a lot of motorway driving,

not many traffic jams etc.

I do not think there is a wrong way or a right way to use this box as it is open to our own driving style and needs.

Once you have read the fifty odd replies you will be as confused as I am.

My link

Thanks Will, I'll have a read.

One other little annoyance with my Yeti. Every morning I find that the Yeti has decided to close the sunroof blind. So every morning I then have to open the sunroof blind again. Anyone know if there's a setting in Maxidot that stops the sunroof blind being closed overnight?

EDIT: Correction to link - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90903

Edited by tarbat

Just received the Registration Certificate from DVLA, and Co2 is definately 149 G/KM.

Interesting :wonder:

The PDF document in regard to the Orange Limited Ed Monster in CZ gives the manual as 149 and the DSG as 154; lets hope they keep to the 149 ;) Extra £30 if they revise it in the future.

My link

TP

2. No MUTE button on the Columbus radio - is that right?

Hi,

Just seen this note.

Columbus does have a mute feature, but you just keep turning volume 'off' and a mute symbol appears on the screen.

Cheers,

Tony

2. No MUTE button on the Columbus radio - is that right?

Hi,

Just seen this note.

Columbus does have a mute feature, but you just keep turning volume 'off' and a mute symbol appears on the screen.

Cheers,

Tony

That's a pain as it means when you want to continue listening the volume is not where it was before. You just set it again yes, but that is not the same as mute. On my old Renault Clio you had a handy stalk behind the steering wheel with a mute/volume function. When you hit the mute button whilst listening to a CD it also paused the CD. Neat.

Just picked up my DSG yesterday, coming from a diesel Ford Galaxy and never having driven an automatic before I found it a strange experience not needing to use the clutch for anything. The gear changes were mostly un-noticable unless you looked at the rev counter, except when I accelerated briskly from a 70mph cruise on the motorway which seemed to catch the gearbox unaware briefly before dropping 2 gears and picking up. This may well be down to my not being used to autos or just my driving style. Overall I am really impressed by the car although after the masses of space in the Galaxy it is comparatively small inside and it took a while to find my ideal driving position, however my being rather large doesn't help. There are no rattles or squeaks inside and the ride is brilliant with the only road noise being over the scabby patches on the dirt tracks they call roads and motorways in this area and certainly no louder than my previous car. I am really looking forward to putting a few miles under its wheels in the next few weeks.