Removal of OE aerial

I bought a Seat Ibiza aerial yesterday from a Seat dealer yesterday after reading the popular Seat Mod thread and was going to fit it today but can I get the bugger off? In a word NO!

I know they're designed to be anti-theft so was just wondering if there was any knack of getting them off easily!

I've searched the forum for answers but can't find anything specific to the Fabia. Is the aerial on the Octavia the same, as a few people have said just give it a tug upwards to break the tip off!

Now you may ask "why change it?" The reason is the one that is on at the minute is ****-eyed and looks a bit sh!t, tried to straighten it but just goes back to the way it was!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers! :thumbup:

Did you get it off???

As the others have said, unscrew it and tug away! - it will eventually pull off

I did mate, just gave it a good yank and off it came, complete too, I thought the anti-theft tip would come off but it didn't, put the new one on and am a lot happier with it. It's a few cm's shorter but doesn't affect the reception and looks better in my opinion. I think it was only about four and a half quid! Well chuffed!

These work too. Just fitted one to the Mrs Furby.

She says no drop in reception. Barely bigger than a shark fin when fitted.

I know because I have a fin on my vRS B)

Cheap as chips, got mine next day too! :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220571245774&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123