My first Skoda!

FabiaGreenline

Hello all,

Looks like a great forum which I shall be popping to and from to keep up with Skoda stuff. I bought a nearly new 2009 Skoda Fabia Greenline at the end of October from Meadens, Sway. Drove it from there to Sainsbury's brimmed it with diesel and home, all of about 20 miles. Got up the next night and drove from the Bournemouth coast to Glasgow, and out to Kilbirnie before wondering if really the one bar left on the fuel gauge would mean running out before getting to Largs. For a car I had only driven 20 miles on a slowish test run across the New Forest it performed exactly as I hoped, a brilliant motorway car, economical, and comfy. So far my best mpg over 52 mile run across country Bournemouth->Salisbury->Devizes in moderate traffic returned an indicated 86.9 mpg. I'm getting more aware of the cars ability now especially with the rolling resistances on the Dunlop SP10s.

101_0205.jpg

I've added the Fabia to my fleet although its the only one working, for my sins I have :

Image025.jpg

a very slow restoration going on with my 1978 Peugeot 504GL abet with Diesel power.

and for when the wrist slashing really needs to start, :

100_1402.jpg

one the very few Talbot-Matra Rancho that remain in the UK, this one being a 1982 car from Scotland.

I guess by the time I finish these I will be very old and broken myself.

Edited by FabiaGreenline

Welcome to Briskoda,

Used to love the Ranchos.

Think a picture only apperared on here in " The cars you don't see anymore" thread today!!

Welcome to Briskoda,

Used to love the Ranchos.

Think a picture only apperared on here in " The cars you don't see anymore" thread today!!

They were an interesting concept which of course made history in influencing the LR Discovery, and the Rancho replacement the Espace opens a whole new chapter. Under the skin though its a standard Simca 1100 with the rear door well plated over inside, just a plastic cover on the outside making it the pickup body - that then having an extension welded on the back and a glass fibre body. It reminds me of turning a Fabia in to a Yeti :-)