rear window wiper

Hey all, I was up at Castle Combe at the weekend and saw a couple of Octy's with the rear window wiper taken off...just wondering how easy/difficult the are to take off, cus they look sweet!! (or am I being stupid and some don't come with them) :0)

Simple as 1 2 3! Lever up the plastic cover on the base of the wiper arm. Undo the 13 mm nut which will also pop of the tube for the washer.

Next open up the boot, and pull off the plastic boot trim cover. 3 nuts hold the wiper motor in place but first disconnect the wiring and washer tube. Once you've undo the nuts the whole lot withdraws downwards, although I can't remember if there is another large flat nut on the upperside of the glass you may have to remove. Halfords or the like sell blanking gromits to fill the hole in the glass. Finally make sure you fill the washer tube with something to seal it so you don't fill the boot full of washer water in error. Hardest bit is to refit the boot lid trim cover!

Hi Chris

I recently removed my rear wiper, due to the design fault / water ingress problem, (i.e. caused my front wipers to switch on)

Not liking things to be working incorrectly i ordered a new wiper motor, and refitted it, whist getting it to all manor of positions and the mandatory cursing whilst trying to refit the boot panel (who designed that???????)

I am now in to minds, i preferred the look without, but still like the fact i can use the wiper.

I guess what i am trying to say is for the grief of trying to refit the boot panel i would wait until you have a wiper problem (as from what i have seen this seems inevitable)

Does look nice without it tho!

Ps i had a problem removing the wiper arm from the motor arm (stuck fast) eventually got it off but this would have been easier with some kind of "puller"

Edited by sparky1219

24mm. halfords sell them as a pack of 3 19mm 22mm and 24mm think mine were £1.79 :thumbup:

i also put a tiny bit of sealant on before fitting to ensure no water could get in B)

21042010487.jpg

Edited by sivrs

Gotcha, spotted a few on ebay. Its either that or take a chance on a secondhand motor which is probably on its way out anyway!

ive got a motor for sale which i removed from mine there was nothing wrong with it i just wanted it removed :thumbup:

Could you do me a favour, whip the back off & post a pic of the gears?

If its clean as a whistle I may have that.

im away at work mate or i would not bk home till the 24th may and our lass not have a clue she just packages and posts :rofl::thumbup:

this is the only pic i have of it

18042010472.jpg

Edited by sivrs