Another VW Convert Joins The Skoda Ranks

G's Skoda

Hi,

I joined this site yesterday after discovering it by chance whilst Googling a Skoda topic. What an awesome site it is too! Carlsberg don’t do Skoda forums but if they did ………. :o)

I’ve had around 23 cars in my life so far with five of the most recent ones being new VW Polos. I never thought I’d drive anything else but I was attracted to the new Skoda Fabia II the more I saw of them on the roads. My father owns a Fabia I and I quite like that so when I decided to renew my last Polo in 2008 I tried out the Fabia and was so taken with it that I ordered one on the spot. I went for a 1.2 6-valve hatchback in Satin Grey and bought it at a time when they were offering free air-conditioning on the base model, a most welcome freebie.

I am incredibly impressed with my Fabia, despite a couple of minor teething issues such as a CD player that intermittently scratched CDs, front windscreen wiper attachments that rapidly developed rust and water in the spare wheel well. (The first two issues have been rectified under warranty and I’m just about to report the water problem to my Skoda dealer).

This car does everything . . . and then some! I play bass in a covers band and it literally swallows all my gear effortlessly (not something I could say about VW Polos) and I quite honestly can’t picture myself driving anything else but a Skoda from now on, I’m a real convert!

Well done on a cracking site,

Grahame