£100 cash if you can find me a venue.

Mr Ree

It's true. I'm offering £100 in CASH to anyone who can find me a suitable venue to operate my junior off roading experience for kids.

I've been doing this on and off for the past 3 years now.

I've had two venues on farmland, but both farmers have been very prickly to deal with.

First one decided he could make more money growing hay and reaping in over 5k a year doing so, so that was goodbye to me, and the second one was getting grief off DEFRA, the E.A., the local council, and most of all, his sister compalining that I wasn't contributing enough.

Correct, because you were throwing up so many obstacles and restrictions thus disabling me from getting myself known. I really couldn't win, so I left there too.

Neither had planning permission, so I was only allowed to operate a set number of times per annum, and advertsing my prescence was a no no.

Consequently, I've struggled to gain any sort of real recognition as to what it is I actually do, whch very briefly is ......without turning this into an advert, no website address or company name or 'phone numbers being disclosed for that very reason, so as not to contavene any BRISKODA advertising rules..... letting kids over the age of 11 up to 111 drive my He Man dual controlled off roading prepared Suzuki Jimny., with me sitting alongside for guidance (LANTRA qualified btw)

In essence, all they do is steer and press the restricted accelerator pedal and bumble along at speeds of up to and sometimes reaching a dizzy staggering 5-10mph in 1st gear over humps and bumps, and through the water and mud! :no:

Currently and occassionaly I'm operating on some private land out near Ruthin, N. Wales, but simialar restrictions regarding advertising apply there too, due to lack of planning permmision again.

The site is a bit on the extreme side for kids too tbh, so not entirely suitable and a bit tucked out of the way anyway.

So, what I'm looking for is someone who can point me in the right direction to earn thenmselves £100 from me.

I need someone who knows and can initially have a word with on my behalf, a landowner or land management official of some sort, of a busy activity farm/ hotel with adjoining land/ /theme park / stately home/outdoor activity center or whatever, that's looking for some diversification to add on to an existing business.

I catergorically do not want any more farmers that are going to batter me chapter and verse from the 'DERFA bible'. :thumbdown:

Ideally within 50 miles, or closer, :thumbup: drive of Chester, Cheshire, but will consider anywhere within reason if it's going to be worth my while, and providing they can then accomodate me leaving the car securely on site to save driving this thirsty 20 mpg horrible to drive on the public highway slow beast back and forth every weekend.

The reason for asking for this help btw, is not because I'm lazy. On the contrary, I've trawled through many farms and a few activity centers locally with zero results. My enthusiasm for tackling any more has waned and tired significantly after being 'knocked back' so many times.

I feel I've now reached the point of 'not what you know, but who you know.'

Hope someone can help. Feel free to pm me with any queries or questions if you think you can.

Cash reward awaits, as will a free 1 hour off roading experience to be taken by anyone of your choice at my new venue when and if it happens.

This cash reward will be subject to a satisfactory outcome amongst all parties involved and will be withdrawn if and when this happens or after a reasonbale amount of time without reponse, whichever happens sooner.

Thanks again, and aplologies for the rambling post. :blush:

I've tried Leisure Lakes near Southport btw. Unsuitable unfortunately, and Knowsley Safari Park, Liverpool couldn't fit me in on their off roading course for some inexplicable reason.