SAI and valve removal

On the egr valve that the forge plate replaces. Why has no-one who written a report removed the metal pipes that are attached. I've done it and now have two pipes with nothing attached. One comes from down by the turbo and it's air intake and the other comes from the charcoal filter and along the intake manifold. I've just fitted bolts to these but are they the system for the fuel tank fumes and need to be linked?

Guest westallc

i have removed all the pipes but the 2 joined across where the fuel rail is one is coolant and the other is for the ecessive fuel vapour ( not needed but coolant is)

you can remove all the rest and just run a single hose from charcoal cannister to throttle body and blank the other off :thumbup: :thumbup:

Excellent. But where does the vapour come from i'e where is the pipe to the tank? That is the only pipe i have on the fuel rail/inlet chamber no pip with coolant. The other pipe was onto the metal pipes by the sai control valve and goes down the back of the block. Assume this was connected to the charcoal canister and want to know what it is

Those are the pipes. Had looked at the diagram just before i came online. Forgot i'd got a copy. It was the pipe that attaches to the inlet by the turbo i was concerned about but can now see it's just a 'breather'. The tank vent is with the fuel pipes which are was worried that pipe was. I's all good!