Yeti Sunblinds

Jayjayedin

• 4 weeks later...

Just been browsing the SuperSkoda website and they have an offer of all five sun blinds (two for passenger windows and three for the cargo area for 69.99 euros a set - http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/YETI/Yeti-5pcs-set-of-sun-privacy-bug-shades which seems a pretty good price (see my post above!). The rear screen is a single piece, the Vanstyle ones are in two pieces although in practice this hasn;t been a problem.

• 10 months later...

Needed some sunshades for our new(old) Yeti. Had some thrown in as part of the deal on my previous 2010 model, so had forgotten how astronomical the Skoda prices were. Had to be ones that we could open the rear windows with and still have shade. Found Amazon sell some by a German company called Sonniboy, I suspect they may supply Skoda, as they are totally identical to the Skoda ones in every way.Still not cheap at £120, but good quality and around half the price of Skoda, very easy to fit.

Really needed them in case we get a summer, and have un-tinted windows on our S model, and carry the dogs a lot.

Prefer this type as it is easy to unclip them in winter if required.

Further to post #25, I've now had my sunshades a year and they still look like new. Had them out and back in a couple of times and its a two minute job. They definitely do help to cut down wind noise and draughts when the rear passenger windows are down. Initially i was worried about the rear shade being in two parts but actually it works OK and its easier to store the two panels than one large one.After a year's use I'd still be happy to recommend them.

(This is the link www.uvcarshades.co.uk/shades )

Thanks for the update Paul. Interestingly, I was looking at these on the UV Carshades website yesterday :)

Could you possibly take a few photos of the side window shades, from the inside and outside please?

I had these (given to me for free by someone who sold their Yeti) and had them in for all of three days. Looking over your shoulder through the side windows and looking at these at an angle they may as well be solid! They turned my car into a van and I could not see out the sides. So out they went. I understand why people would want them (usually for children) and trust me they did make anything in the car impossible to see from outside, but you could still clearly see out through them if you sat in the back seat looking 90 degrees out. Look at them at an angle (like from the front seats) and the view out is ZERO.

I ran them in the Octavia for a couple of years without problem or issue, so If they're going spare then, I'll have them :)

Ah Wardy, sorry someone on the forum got them from me about 2 years ago!

Thanks for the update Paul. Interestingly, I was looking at these on the UV Carshades website yesterday :)

Could you possibly take a few photos of the side window shades, from the inside and outside please?

More pictures added to post #25 inlcuding one with rear window fully down, sunblind in place.

• Like 1