Parrot mki9200 installation

I've seen several threads about the Parrot mki9200 car kit but none seem to cover DIY instaltion into a fabia.

I'm hoping to put a mki9200 in a Fabia 2 Estate (with Dance head unit) to replace a Nokia CK-7W. The nokia kit was very easy to install with an autoleads wiring loom, but I struggled to find a ignition switched 12v supply, eventually opting for a separate ignition sensing module which works 50% of the time.

Has anyone else installed their own Parrot (non-feathered variety) in a Fabia 2?

• Any recomendations for where to buy the SOT lead?
  • Where did you find the best place to locate the screen, controller and iPod connectors?
  • Does the unit need a switched suppy, is there one available throught the SOT lead or did you manage to find a switched supply?
  • Any other words of advice before I start this install?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kanga

I've seen several threads about the Parrot mki9200 car kit but none seem to cover DIY instaltion into a fabia.

I'm hoping to put a mki9200 in a Fabia 2 Estate (with Dance head unit) to replace a Nokia CK-7W. The nokia kit was very easy to install with an autoleads wiring loom, but I struggled to find a ignition switched 12v supply, eventually opting for a separate ignition sensing module which works 50% of the time.

Has anyone else installed their own Parrot (non-feathered variety) in a Fabia 2?

• Any recomendations for where to buy the SOT lead?
  • Where did you find the best place to locate the screen, controller and iPod connectors?
  • Does the unit need a switched suppy, is there one available throught the SOT lead or did you manage to find a switched supply?
  • Any other words of advice before I start this install?

Thanks in advance.

The SOT should be better than that, You can get these from any Armour Stockist although I am not sure which one I used. It was fine 99.5% of the time

http://www.armourautomotive.uk.com/

The screen is probably best just to the left of the climate unit. The controls are best just behind the drivers windows control and the cables aer good hanging down under the stereo

The SOT should be better than that, You can get these from any Armour Stockist although I am not sure which one I used. It was fine 99.5% of the time

http://www.armourautomotive.uk.com/

The screen is probably best just to the left of the climate unit. The controls are best just behind the drivers windows control and the cables aer good hanging down under the stereo

Thanks Decron, I've found a compatible SOT lead with built-in ignition sense, hopefully this will work a little better than the unit I'm using for the Nokia kit. A 12v ignition source would be better though to ensure unit disconnection every time the key is removed.

slightly off topic but im waiting to install my parrot unit on to my fabia. Is the Fabia mk2 head unit ISO or not?

Ben

If it's a 'Dance' unit, it has Quadlock connectors, I'm assuming you will need a Parrot-compatible SOT lead, PC000018AA I believe, according to the Parrot website. According to the installation instructions, these kits still need an ignition-switched +12v supply, I have discovered an adaptor on eBay (item number 320524604786) which incorporates a ignition sense circuit, maybe it will be better than the unit I have installed into my car.

I have found another thread at http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/137640-fabia-3-dash-removal/ this has some interesting information around connections to the fuse board.

Let us know how you get on.

If it's a 'Dance' unit, it has Quadlock connectors, I'm assuming you will need a Parrot-compatible SOT lead, PC000018AA I believe, according to the Parrot website. According to the installation instructions, these kits still need an ignition-switched +12v supply, I have discovered an adaptor on eBay (item number 320524604786) which incorporates a ignition sense circuit, maybe it will be better than the unit I have installed into my car.

I have found another thread at http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/137640-fabia-3-dash-removal/ this has some interesting information around connections to the fuse board.

Let us know how you get on.

It's the swing head unit.

Ben