Panel Filter

Hey,

I'm probably going to do the PD160 mod next month but have been thinking if its worth replacing the panel filter for something a little funky? :)

I have been reading on here a few people have replaced it with the green cotton panel filter. A couple of questions...

1. Do you have to use oil with the filter? or is it a direct replacement.

2. Does it make a difference at all? worth doing?

3. How often do you have to replace it, just clean every 10k?

Thanks,

Mark

Hey,

I'm probably going to do the PD160 mod next month but have been thinking if its worth replacing the panel filter for something a little funky? :)

I have been reading on here a few people have replaced it with the green cotton panel filter. A couple of questions...

Thanks,

Mark

1) Most filters (K&N, Green, etc) use special oil to help retain dirt. Even Pipercross Foam ones use oil. New ones normally come pre-oiled.

2) If your car is standard, hardly noticeable, I changed mine whilst on a RR and got 1.1 BHP extra. It may make a difference if you replace it and intake, then get it remapped.

3) No they are all re-usable, (K&N has an 1 million mile Warranty). Wash, then re-oil everytime you would normally change it.

Hey,

Thanks,

Mark

Im surprised that you didn't do the pd 160 mod & change to a performance type panel filter before the stage 1 re-map was done:wonder: Anyway, you should feel a difference as its been re-mapped as the engine will be able to breath much more freely. Personally i like the K&N panel replacement one as it fits nice & tight into the air box & like Jim H has said it comes pre oiled plus K&N say it only needs cleaning & re-oiling after 50k in normal driving conditions, i would advise checking it before the 50k mark though just to play it safe. Good luck:thumbup:

Im surprised that you didn't do the pd 160 mod & change to a performance type panel filter before the stage 1 re-map was done:wonder: Anyway, you should feel a difference as its been re-mapped as the engine will be able to breath much more freely. Personally i like the K&N panel replacement one as it fits nice & tight into the air box & like Jim H has said it comes pre oiled plus K&N say it only needs cleaning & re-oiling after 50k in normal driving conditions, i would advise checking it before the 50k mark though just to play it safe. Good luck:thumbup:

Thanks both for the advice.

I bought the car already re-mapped, the previous owner had not done the PD160 modification.

Will look into getting this next month :)