VRS cambelt change?

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if I could pick your brains. My mother (70 years old) is buying an 03 plate VRS; bright yellow, which has almost 50,000 miles on the clock. It is from an independent dealer and has a 12 month warranty. My question is this; nowhere in the service book does it state that it has had a cambelt or waterpump change. She pressed the dealer on this and he said that it is OK till 60,000 miles, but my concern is that the car is now 7 years old and that is the time where things start to snap, lol. Am I being a bit anal about having it changed, or should she insist that it is done?

Many thanks for your help.

Son of old fast crazy mother.

Edited by lightman

if in any doubt change, for the sake of £200 for gen parts !!!

craig

Hi guys,

Was just wondering if I could pick your brains. My mother (70 years old) is buying an 03 plate VRS; bright yellow, which has almost 50,000 miles on the clock. It is from an independent dealer and has a 12 month warranty. My question is this; nowhere in the service book does it state that it has had a cambelt or waterpump change. She pressed the dealer on this and he said that it is OK till 60,000 miles, but my concern is that the car is now 7 years old and that is the time where things start to snap, lol. Am I being a bit anal about having it changed, or should she insist that it is done?

Many thanks for your help.

Son of old fast crazy mother.

4 years or 60,000 miles whichever is first,so almost due its second belt change.

Edited by kenny rsell