Mileage

Hi guys. Starting to seriously consider a fabia vrs now. Just the ones that are more healthy looking to my budget have all done like 124,000 miles. is this too many? Not sure if i want one with that high mileage?

Cheers

My 1.4 Fabia had 103k on it when I sold it. Most rubber bits had perished - including the steering rack. One of the coil springs snapped - a waiting game for the rest I guess, and it rattled from several places inside. And the engine was failing - but that's due to it being petrol.

The car had full service history except one service too, and I cared for it quite well. Although mine could be age, and not mileage I guess.

The engine will be just run in as moggy said. In refrence to everything else being buggered, it depends I guess. If it's been loved and looked after then as things go they'll have been replaced. I bought mine knowing it had 110,000 miles on it, BUT it had had full skoda service history. However, this doesn't mean there isn't somethings on it's way out and not noticed. At that milage it's prime turbo blowing time. Which can be replaced with a recon cheap enough. The oldest vrs are getting on a bit now, 7 years old, so just give any a really good looking over. Any with lots of owners I'd walk away from, take your time looking too, iv seen some really nice cars for not much more than ur budget on here over time, don't rush.

Matt

If you up your budget i'm sure you'll get an early one for £4.5 - £5k and 60k miles... if you can't i'm sure a higher mileage one will be just as good.

I've always tried to buy low mileage cars and locally as you can find the owner and have a chat!