Locking Door?

Hello all,

I have found a couple of these threads/topics before, but have never seen a 'definitive' anwser.

I am im the process of buying an 03 octavia MK I elegance 1.9TDI, there is only one problem with it and the garage is currenlty trying to fix it because i have a 3 month waranty. The issue is that if i use the keyfob (remote) to unlock the car it wont do it, but if i physically put the key in the lock and turn it then its absoloutly fine. :giggle:

I have to pick up the car today because otherwise they cant have their money for like 2weeks and i want the car now :)

Anyway they told me the solenoid had corrosion so they replaced it along with the door lock control and the window motor.... But it is still doing it :D

So they said when it is convenient to me just drop it off sometime so they can get ther 'electrician guy' to look at the wiring, which is fair enough, but i didnt know if there is anything else i can try to fix it myself?

My plan is to try and re-program the key as a trial to see if that helps.

Any other tips/trick for people who have had same problem???

Thanks for reading/ responding

slim123

Hello all,

I have found a couple of these threads/topics before, but have never seen a 'definitive' anwser.

I am im the process of buying an 03 octavia MK I elegance 1.9TDI, there is only one problem with it and the garage is currenlty trying to fix it because i have a 3 month waranty. The issue is that if i use the keyfob (remote) to unlock the car it wont do it, but if i physically put the key in the lock and turn it then its absoloutly fine. :giggle:

I have to pick up the car today because otherwise they cant have their money for like 2weeks and i want the car now :)

Anyway they told me the solenoid had corrosion so they replaced it along with the door lock control and the window motor.... But it is still doing it :D

So they said when it is convenient to me just drop it off sometime so they can get ther 'electrician guy' to look at the wiring, which is fair enough, but i didnt know if there is anything else i can try to fix it myself?

My plan is to try and re-program the key as a trial to see if that helps.

Any other tips/trick for people who have had same problem???

Thanks for reading/ responding

slim123

You should have two keyfobs, do you get the same result with both ? Can you lock the doors with the keyfob ? Would have thought they would have re-programmed the key when they found it still did not work . May seem too simple but how old is the battery in the keyfob ? Not sure if this model has the water ingress problems that plaqued VAG electrics. Are they Skoda dealers, or an independant garage ?

You should have two keyfobs, do you get the same result with both ?

To be honest mate, i havent seen the other fob yet, as i have only seen/drove the car once which was last friday :)

Can you lock the doors with the keyfob ?

Not using the buttons, only manually (with the key)

Would have thought they would have re-programmed the key when they found it still did not work .

Makes sense :thumbup:

May seem too simple but how old is the battery in the keyfob ?

Again, im not sure, but it could be a possibility :)

Not sure if this model has the water ingress problems that plaqued VAG electrics.

I think i read this somewhere else :(

Are they Skoda dealers, or an independant garage ?

Independant

Thanks for your help i will try a couple of the thing you said, and i hope that filled in some gaps for you :giggle:

We have two keys for our Ambiente 1.9TDI (2001). One of them has had a fading battery, and the other one's remote function stopped working suddenly. Both open the car with the key.

New batteries in both - the fading one now works a treat - no preprogramming required. The one that stopped suddenly is still dead. Have tried reprogramming and different batteries. I'm resigned to the fact that the remote circuit in the fob has died, unless anyone has any suggestions?

We have two keys for our Ambiente 1.9TDI (2001). One of them has had a fading battery, and the other one's remote function stopped working suddenly. Both open the car with the key.

New batteries in both - the fading one now works a treat - no preprogramming required. The one that stopped suddenly is still dead. Have tried reprogramming and different batteries. I'm resigned to the fact that the remote circuit in the fob has died, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Lets hope i get two fobs with mine them :giggle:

Sorry to double post folks.

I picked up the car yesterday... and well i just love it to pieces, its sooo easy to drive :)

Anyway as stated before the locking problem is still there, and yes i got two keyfobs but neither of them will lock/unlock unless i do it manually...

Any other suggestions?

Oh BTW: The drivers wing mirror wont operate either, but the electric window works!!

Thanks

You've tried reprogramming the fobs and replacing the batteries?

Im going to attempt this after work today :)

I will let you all know the progress!!

If they have replaced the central convenience unit in the drivers door (part of the window motor assembly), I'm guessing the loom that connects into the motor has corroded pins. It may be repairable, but if it needs replacing, it is not cheap.