Different Key, Different Unlock Settings ?

Hi all,

When my car arrived (FL vRS), I changed the convenience settings via maxidot so that both offside doors would open on the first press of the key, the remaining open on the second press.

Today for the first time, I used the spare key, but this one only opens the drivers door on the first press, the rest on the second press (exactly as delivered), upon checking the key I normally use, this continues to use the user defined setting I changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Or have I just missed this part of the owners manual?

Cheers

Hi all,

When my car arrived (FL vRS), I changed the convenience settings via maxidot so that both offside doors would open on the first press of the key, the remaining open on the second press.

Today for the first time, I used the spare key, but this one only opens the drivers door on the first press, the rest on the second press (exactly as delivered), upon checking the key I normally use, this continues to use the user defined setting I changed.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Or have I just missed this part of the owners manual?

Cheers

I'm sure I saw that in the manual at some point, I certainly remember having to set the options up on both keys in mine too and not being surprised when I had to do so...

Bandit1, Hi. I started a thread on a similar subject. When I saw you "Programmed" your keyfob from reading your manual, I re-read my manual. Nothing in there tells me how I can unlock all my doors with a single press of the unlock button on my keyfob. Can ANYONE help please?

Bandit1, Hi. I started a thread on a similar subject. When I saw you "Programmed" your keyfob from reading your manual, I re-read my manual. Nothing in there tells me how I can unlock all my doors with a single press of the unlock button on my keyfob. Can ANYONE help please?

Do you have Maxidot? If so then you can change the settings in there. If not, it's a dealer job or find someone local with VCDS

From memory so may not be quite right, In Maxidot go to Settings --> Convenience --> Door Open

Then tick all, instead of Drivers

Personally, I prefer single press for drivers door and double press for the rest, but that maybe to do with the fact that I know someone who unlocked their car and someone jumped into the passenger door. They can't do that if only your door is unlocked...