Is this the best bike transport ever...!

mwas123

Having been an avid cyclist for longer than I can remember, using the Yeti as bike transport recently has been nothing short of a revelation!

Prior to the acqusition of the Yeti and the internal bike rack, previously I've done many thousands of miles with the bike, wheels off, in the back with the back seats folded down.

The internal bike carrier is great (though expensive) and works well, and the car makes an excellent 'base camp' as you get yourself prepared for the big off. The tailgate also makes a great rainshield I've found!

I think the nature of the car really suits the sport, and it even has some genuine cycling provenace with all the sponsorship that Skoda puts into professional cycling.

Plus the heated seats have been great for drying out and easing a behind sore, from 5+ hours of a racing bike saddle!

I did a large organised ride at the weekend, and the Yeti, with the internal bike rack caused quite a stir with the other assorted cyclists. It just seemed so right.

Here are some pictures of my Specialized S-Works Roubaix with a Skoda Yeti attached.

Picture 003

Picture 004

Having been an avid cyclist for longer than I can remember, using the Yeti as bike transport recently has been nothing short of a revelation!

Prior to the acqusition of the Yeti and the internal bike rack, previously I've done many thousands of miles with the bike, wheels off, in the back with the back seats folded down.

The internal bike carrier is great (though expensive) and works well, and the car makes an excellent 'base camp' as you get yourself prepared for the big off. The tailgate also makes a great rainshield I've found!

I think the nature of the car really suits the sport, and it even has some genuine cycling provenace with all the sponsorship that Skoda puts into professional cycling.

Plus the heated seats have been great for drying out and easing a behind sore, from 5+ hours of a racing bike saddle!

I did a large organised ride at the weekend, and the Yeti, with the internal bike rack caused quite a stir with the other assorted cyclists. It just seemed so right.

Here are some pictures of my Specialized S-Works Roubaix with a Skoda Yeti attached.

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Great! emoticon-0148-yes.gif Exactly what I wanted to hear. Got the internal bike holder for mine. It was a key selling point as I wanted to be able to transport my £2.5K mountain bike securely and efficiciently. Thanks for sharing the info.

You are right about cycling and Skoda going well together... and even more so with a Yeti! I looked at the internal carrier but decided in the end I have the roof rack bits already (and they were £350 all in) so I'd rather keep them than get something else and forego the spare wheel...

But your set up looks great!

Picture 003

Picture 004

Nice Bike, Nice Groupset !

I have the less comfortable, S Works Tarmac SL, using SRAM aswell.

:thumbup: