Front windows

Early signs of impending window falling into door and not coming back up. The cable drive lifters will be breaking up and ready to fail. Common on a lot of VAG cars.

Take it I should keep the window up thn and get to the dealers is it dear To replace?

Window regulator is about £70, but it's labour intensive, as the door carrier is riveted to the door. Probably about 2 hours labour.

It's usually caused by leaning on the window with it partly open. The window regulators that clamp the glass are plastic, and prone to fracture. Yes the window can vanish inside the door, even if it's fully closed. A decent pot hole usually does it. A temp fix is to prop the window up with a block of wood inside the door, but you still have to drill out a load of rivets to get the wood in there.

Thanks for all the info! To be honest i'm getting a bit sick of my fabia as I've had it a year and everything is gone wrong on it!

Yeh if you get a bit of a lemon it can be frustrating. Honestly though the Fabia tends to be a very reliable little car compared to some of the junk out there. All small cars are built to a price, it's where they cut corners that the problems occur. No such thing as over-engineering these days.