Oil leak

Hi: I've an 05 Octavia 1.9 TDI PD and there's a bit which is leaking oil. It sits behind the copper coil and the other end of the timing belt. It's holes in the end of it and has like a long tail. It's bolted onto something else. Sorry but that's as descriptive as I can be. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks!

EGR assembly?

P1030120.JPG

General EGR pictures:

General pics

If so the EGR will vent some oil from the crank case breather, however my knowledge is not based on the PD engine.....

Thanks for your reply. The oil's coming from the turbo pipe. It's not breathing properly and getting clogged up somewhere forcing oil out because I don't drive the car hard enough, doesn't get long runs just tiddling around town. Got some cataclean for it which you put into the tank and it cleans parts of the engine!

The EGR assemble takes the warm oily air from the top of the crankcase and this oil can gather up in the pipework and drip out at the lowest point.... Quite a few people fit catch cans to deal with this.....

Not sure your cataclean stuff will actually help?