DVD player rns 510

Hi.

Anybody knows how to unlock the dvd lock so the passenger can watch DVD movies while im driving?

I have bought the latest Superb 2010 with Columbus navigation.

I have seen that VW has one "hack" to do it and I tried it and it didnt work on Skoda.

Youl be nice now before the vacations starts.

THX :D

Hi.

Anybody knows how to unlock the dvd lock so the passenger can watch DVD movies while im driving?

I have bought the latest Superb 2010 with Columbus navigation.

I have seen that VW has one "hack" to do it and I tried it and it didnt work on Skoda.

Youl be nice now before the vacations starts.

THX :D

As far as I remember, this will not work on the units with newer firmware >2660,

it works on mine by pressing the i button followed by the tone button when at standstill, you then hear a tone & all is unlocked, however, any adjustments you make whilst driving will send the unit into blank screen mode, needing a stop & a repeat of the procedure.

HTH

Hi

I have tried that but as you say it works on the old versions.

Didnt work on the new ones.

I have seen some adaptors on the market for TV and DVD in motion but im not sure if that works. Ill look in to it.

These adapters do work, but there is one major caveat in using these devices. They work by blocking the canbus signal from the road wheels, which the columbus nav system uses whilst navigating. With one of these devices fitted, you will get your DVD in motion but using the navi system will become very hit and miss. The reason being the columbus uses both the GPS signal and the canbus signals from the wheel sensors. Without the wheel sensor signals you will appear to jump along the road in steps since the GPS position is not refreshed frequently unlike a system which only uses GPS, this could lead to you missing a junction/turning.The columbus uses GPS to get an initial fix and then relies more on the wheel sensors and uses GPS to periodically check that its where it thinks it is, this is why the columbus can navigate and know where you are underground (eg. tunnel, carpark etc..)

Thanks

It seems that there is no hack or backdoor to lock up the safetylock of the DVD.

Dont want to ruin th unit in anyway.

Would be nice if they would let the consumers decide if it should be locked or not.

Hopefully someone will know how to lock up the unit without destroying the navigation and so on.

Thanks for the answeres . :)

Would be nice if they would let the consumers decide if it should be locked or not.

That would be just what we need - as if mobiles and satnav are not both distracting enough already, watching a DVD whilst driving should just about complete the set. Don't bother to say that you wouldn't watch it - you couldn't avoid it. That's why there's a lock-out - in the interests of SAFETY.

Ray

• Like 1