Standard stereo upgrade

Hi Guys my Dad has just bought himself a mint 2001 Fabia 1.9 sdi Classic 1 previous female owner, full service history ,every receipt from anything it has had done and a genuine 54000 miles. It drives like a dream and the gearbox is one of the sweetest i have used lol but to the matter at hand it has a standard Skoda radio cassette and my Dad was wondering if higher spec Fabias came with a single disk cd unit ?? if so will we be able to slot one straight in if we can find one with a code ?? Reason being he wants to keep the standard look as he loves the car but hasnt had a cassette player in a car for years lol

Cheers in advance

Dave

The symphony was different in the Fabia - it was a signle slot CD player, with options for CD changers and stuff.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-FABIA-SYMPHONY-CD-PLAYER-CODE-MANUAL-/170497314915?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27b26e9063

Cheers mate thats just what he is looking for :)

Dave

I'm based in Sheffield, and i'll sell you mine if you like - Just sat around doing nowt on my shelf at the mo ;) PM me if interested.