vRS New Discs and Pads

My vRS has done over 46k miles now and still has the same discs and pads fitted from new.

I'm thinking of fitting some new Pagid discs and pads to the front and rear and just wanted to know if i had the correct part numbers before ordering from Euro Car Parts.

Front Discs 288mm - Part Number: 104440798

Rear Discs 232mm - Part Number: 104440748

Front Pads - Part Number: 101441038

Rear Pads - Part Number: 101441388

I think the part numbers for the discs are right, but there are so many different part numbers listed for the front pads. Does anyone know the right number?

Cheers

Rich

Edited by RiCh_vRS

Are you replacing them for any particular reason?

My Fabia still had the original front discs and pads at 64,000 miles and they only came off to make way for 312mm's and the rears were swapped at 90,000 miles only because they also got upgraded to Octavia parts.

The car is light and if you drive proactively then the brakes can last a quite incredibly long time.

Are you replacing them for any particular reason?

My Fabia still had the original front discs and pads at 64,000 miles and they only came off to make way for 312mm's and the rears were swapped at 90,000 miles only because they also got upgraded to Octavia parts.

The car is light and if you drive proactively then the brakes can last a quite incredibly long time.

The reason for replacing them is that the brakes on the car feel very spongy and sometimes you have to push the brake pedal right down to stop. Recently i have started to get a grinding noise too when applying the brakes.

Now i dont know whether i need new discs or just pads, and if its just the front ones only or both the front and back. I dont trust the dealers as i'm pretty sure they will tell me to change them all and charge me £500 for the pleasure. Before having my 40k service done i called around for some quotes for the service and also the brakes. One dealer said that i had done very well to get 40k out of them and i should look at getting them all replaced along with a brake fluid change as they dont tend to last that long. Another dealer where i actually got my car serviced from said that i had plenty of life left in the discs and pads and they dont need replacing. They said i had approx another 5-6k miles left, so i think that now might be the time to change them.

Edited by RiCh_vRS

replacing discs/pads wont solve a spongy brake pedal...i'd 1st replace the fluid with decent stuff then have a look at the state of pads and check condition of discs....if all 4 needed replacing the parts would be about £120 ish and labour £100 ish...

The reason for replacing them is that the brakes on the car feel very spongy and sometimes you have to push the brake pedal right down to stop. Recently i have started to get a grinding noise too when applying the brakes.

Now i dont know whether i need new discs or just pads, and if its just the front ones only or both the front and back. I dont trust the dealers as i'm pretty sure they will tell me to change them all and charge me £500 for the pleasure. Before having my 40k service done i called around for some quotes for the service and also the brakes. One dealer said that i had done very well to get 40k out of them and i should look at getting them all replaced along with a brake fluid change as they dont tend to last that long. Another dealer where i actually got my car serviced from said that i had plenty of life left in the discs and pads and they dont need replacing. They said i had approx another 5-6k miles left, so i think that now might be the time to change them.

Spongy doesn't sound very good. Grinding doesn't either. Can you whip the wheels off and get a good look at the pads? If they're "low", maybe get them out and have a closer look. As for spongy, sounds like air in the system or hoses balooning to me.