While I hate to admit that Jason could be right....

philc

Just back from a week in North Devon, and yep, it's pretty close to Utopia. We stayed in Woolacombe, on the Northern coast and it was gorgeous. The hot and sunny weather and long, long evenings probably biased my opinion, but we had an excellent time! I've renewed my addiction to Thatcher's Gold cider and good, clean air.

I now have a throughly knackered Tibetan Terrier (Who LOVES the beach) and far too many photos of sunsets over the sea. :)

Phil

Ha! Even better down the South/East coast. :D

I suppose with Woolacombe you also have Exmoor on your doorstep, which is very nice. The west facing beach is also condusive to lovely sunsets :thumbup:

Just back from a week in North Devon, and yep, it's pretty close to Utopia. We stayed in Woolacombe, on the Northern coast and it was gorgeous. The hot and sunny weather and long, long evenings probably biased my opinion, but we had an excellent time! I've renewed my addiction to Thatcher's Gold cider and good, clean air.

I now have a throughly knackered Tibetan Terrier (Who LOVES the beach) and far too many photos of sunsets over the sea. :)

Phil

It's not as pretty as it was in the late 60's early 70's, in those days there were just two small caravan sites there, not less than 3 miles(or so it seemed) from the beach down a very steep hill. Very few people about in those days. Must admit though it was very very nice there, so deserted and that long, long walk from one end of the beach to the other and back again before going to bed when you are very young, tired you out completely. Gorgeous days well remembered.

It's not as pretty as it was in the late 60's early 70's, in those days there were just two small caravan sites there, not less than 3 miles(or so it seemed) from the beach down a very steep hill. Very few people about in those days. Must admit though it was very very nice there, so deserted and that long, long walk from one end of the beach to the other and back again before going to bed when you are very young, tired you out completely. Gorgeous days well remembered.

At least one of the sites is still there, and, yes, it's still very, very steep. Our rented cottage was 20 minutes walk from the village -but the village was 10 minutes walk from the house, due the the climb back up the hill :)

Phil