Touch-up kits

I have obtained a touch-up paint kit from the nearest Skoda dealer but all the printed instructions are in Czech (?). The kit contains two plastic "bottles" , one labelled "zakladni lak" and the other labelled "bezbarvy kryci lak". I am presuming that the first mentioned is the "grey metallic satin" pigment , to be applied first to the scratch, with the second being a lacquer to build up over the pigment.

Before trying this, I would appreciate any comments/hints from anyone who has used this Skoda touch-up kit, or whether there is an instruction chit in English available.

TEK

Č. commrade, musíte bojovat s jediný český návod. Jste vlastníkem Škoda nyní. Ale myslím, že máte správný nápad, když čipy jsou opravdu hluboké některé jemné výplň ve spodní části čipu může pomoci.

:giggle:

I have obtained a touch-up paint kit from the nearest Skoda dealer but all the printed instructions are in Czech (?). The kit contains two plastic "bottles" , one labelled "zakladni lak" and the other labelled "bezbarvy kryci lak". I am presuming that the first mentioned is the "grey metallic satin" pigment , to be applied first to the scratch, with the second being a lacquer to build up over the pigment.

Before trying this, I would appreciate any comments/hints from anyone who has used this Skoda touch-up kit, or whether there is an instruction chit in English available.

TEK

The touch up kits are easy to use, clean area first with an alcohol wipe to remove any wax so paint will adhere better, shake up the coloured one for 2 mins. Unscrew brush and wipe off excess on the lip of bottle and paint! If it is for a chip, use a very small amount and build up layers once an hour.After 12 hours you can apply the lacquer. I don't normally do this as I think it stands out . Better to use a sealant on it wait 24 hours then wax it :thumbup:

I've just bought a touch up kit this morning. Had read this post before I went so asked if there were any instructions. The lad said just put the paint on first the the laquer. Didnt mention shaking the bottle or wiping the body first :(