Skoda Felicia GLXI Estate

This is now my second skoda felicia, a nice 1.6 GLXI estate with really low mileage and a prettier face than my older felly.

However it doesn't have electric windows and the central locking isn't remotely operated, how hard is it with the off the shelf kits to retrofit these?

I have seen the kits that are non car specific and they seem to be relatively cheap, but am apprehensive about buying them and getting half way through having failed.

Any ideas?

To fit remote central locking kit is relatively easy if you know a bit about electronics (joining wires reading diagrams etc) and can strip bits from the car etc. You can either install a remote kit, or an alarm (most alarms allow you to connect them up so they lock when arming and unlock when disarming). To send wires to engine bay for an alarm siren put them through the black nipple type thing by the headlight adjusters behind the instrument panel. Siren can probably be mounted on suspension turret.

To connect just the remote lock/unlock kit would involve.... frst disconnect negative terminal from battery, wire/crimp an appropriate o type connector to the positive wire - this can be attached to the positive feed in the fusebox - ensure the wire is fused. An inline fuse holder may be provided or used. To get at the fusebox unscrew the retaining knob, push towards the steering wheel and one end at the back will come out then the lot should drop. The positive feed is the thick black wire held with a 10mm nut and washer. Remove the passenger side kick panel (should just pull off) and 2 of those wires are applicable - one will be lock the other unlock and the wires from the kit need to be connected to these. Not sure which is which Haynes wiring diagram should help. For earth you can probably drill a small hole on the metal behind the kick panel, sanding/dremelling to bare metal a little around it and fit with a screw and washer.

Electric windows is something I wouldn't waste my time with if you're not sure you'll be able to fit it. Inside the door panel is more accessible than most cars, but it's probably just a horror story waiting to happen :)

Edited by anewman