What oil for 2008 vRS Diesel PD

I have tried a search but its bringing me lots of random crap back.

For some reason, I appear to be very very low on oil - oil light isn't on, but dipstick is showing below the minimum mark.

I have booked Greenflag to come and pick me up in the morning as dont fancy risking the drive to the garage, but I need to know they are going to put the right oil in - can anyone tell me what this should be please?

Cheers,

Andy

The best spec oil for VAG diesels is oil to VW spec 507 . This is recommended for both PD & CR engines with or without DPF . You can buy this oil from ASDA fror £32 for 5 liters - Mobil #1 "esp" 5W-30 long life oil. If the container does not specify this spec on the label then it's not to this spec !

LOL - just drive it to the garage man. If the light's not on it'll be fine.

Maybe your would be happy driving 14miles with no oil in your car, but I think that is where you and I differ ;)

As it happens, he had some of this oil on his van and topped me up but still took it for an oil and filter change anyways seeing as we are off to France next month.

i was told if the light was on then its too late, that it'll be damaging the engine. Now i'm not sure this information was correct but i now check the oil level every 4th fill up (well, half fill up).

I always make sure there is a bottle of oil in the boot too, just in case.