MAP and N75

Hi,

Further to this thread http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/164456-wheres-the-map-sensor-located/page__p__2011555__fromsearch__1entry2011555

Have changed both MAP and N75 see pics:

n75broken.jpg

MAP22.jpg

MAP1.jpg

However, I broke one of the lugs on the N75 (old one thank god) as it was really tight to get off. Must have been on the car from new. Had to remove the screen washer bottle for improved access on the MAP. Lost one of the plastic nuts and had to remove the headlight to find it.

The MAP sensor tip was oily (as in the pic) and was wondering if this is normal? Also noticed the sleeves for the screws on the MAP are metal. Is this so it can earth. I ask because had some diagnostics done and the MAP gave no readings but when I removed it the screws were very rusty. Was wondering if that could have caused the fault as it may need to earth?

Will post again to see if it cures my 'limp mode' problems.

Thanks

Edited by lumac999

Where quite is the MAP located - I know the rough area, don't suppose you took any pictures of it in situ?? How much did the new MAP cost?

Where quite is the MAP located - I know the rough area, don't suppose you took any pictures of it in situ?? How much did the new MAP cost?

Here's the MAP.

map.jpg

Sorry for the scrawny writing on the pic.

Cost was 36 +vat at Skoda. I considered buying one off Ebay for 25 quid all in but decided against it. N75 cost 29 quid +vat. I've also seen a few on Ebay but they cost more for some reason.

Don't think there's a way to test but mine was 'tested' using SNAP ON test gear. The mechanic said it wasn't showing any reading so presumed this was causing my limp mode problems. I changed the N75 to be sure.

Edited by lumac999