New xenon bulbs

I have never been particularly impressed with the xenons of my Elegance, so contemplated getting a pair of new bulbs and fitting them. In particular the cut off line was blurred and when projecting against the garage doors at night there was a clear yellow tint to the beams in the middle.

They never seemed to be as good as the ones in my Nissan Primera Sport+ model which are very white, very bright, and have a very sharp cut-off. I then remembered I had a spare pair of xenon headlights for the nissan, so I pulled the bulbs out, they were OSRAM XENARC bulbs. Ripped the Skoda's headlights open, of course the bumper had to come off and the headlights out, but wasnt too bad of a job, I guess around 1.5 hrs turnaround time. Skodas original bulbs were Philips. The centre part was very cloudy from metal halides (I guess, though not an expert), while the primera bulbs were almost perfectly clear, didn't seem to have as many hours in them. Then "fired" up the new bulbs and hello baby I like the look of this. No more egg-yolk on my garage door at night. But we shall see what they are like in practice on the road. I will add to this thread when I have driven it at night.

The xenon bulbs will loose their "awesome light" after about 1800-2000 hours of use, and original xenons in VAG cars is 4300kelvin, where others use up to 5600kelvin. The reason is that VAG dont want their cars to have the "cheap" blue tint to them, and 4300 is more relaxing to the eyes.