DSG slight judder in 2nd

1.8 TSi 7-Speed DSG

I have noticed that when I slow down and then accelerate again from 2nd gear (so not from a complete stop) that the clutch tends to judder slightly, nothing serious but just noticeable. I never notice this when accelerating from 1st, is this common or something that I should get looked at?

And I must say what a fantastic car and engine / gearbox combination this is, smooth (apart from the niggle above), fast and economical (41mpg over first 3k). I think that this car is a bit of a surprise to many others as they are generally used to seeing more of the older diesels used by the local taxis and of course the 1.8 TSi is also faster than the diesel VRS , a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing or something like that.

is this common or something that I should get looked at?

Get it back into the dealers to be sorted, no they should not judder but they can't sort out a fix for it if they know nothing about it.

One day the DSG (or whatever they call the next generation of it) will be the ONLY box to choose - but IMO we are quite a way off that time emoticon-0106-crying.gif

1.8 TSi 7-Speed DSG

I have noticed that when I slow down and then accelerate again from 2nd gear (so not from a complete stop) that the clutch tends to judder slightly, nothing serious but just noticeable. I never notice this when accelerating from 1st, is this common or something that I should get looked at?

And I must say what a fantastic car and engine / gearbox combination this is, smooth (apart from the niggle above), fast and economical (41mpg over first 3k). I think that this car is a bit of a surprise to many others as they are generally used to seeing more of the older diesels used by the local taxis and of course the 1.8 TSi is also faster than the diesel VRS , a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing or something like that.

I agree a fantastic ca /engine/gearbox combination.. However absolutely no juddering from my 1.8TSI 7 speed DSG at any point in its use. I would definitely get it checked out. The hallmark of this combination is supposed to be absolute smoothness at all times.