Climatronic speed display

I've just tried the climatronic diagnosis mode. And was wondering if the speed shown on the climatronic is more accurate than the speedo. It seems to be about 3 mph under the speed of the speedometer. Is this the correct speed being digital? But i guess speedo's are all digital these days, just made to look analogue... Masy be usefull when going through speed cameras to know that doing 35mph on speedo, really means about 31-32. BTW to get the diagnosis mode working, just press down arrow + blue temp button + ECON button. Use the blue and red for up and down in the menus. Number 16 is the speed display (there are 79 i think) most are temperature displays and stuff, i did find a complete list showing all values somewhere on these forums, but cant find it again. Also if you press ECON and AUTO, it changes the values from KPH -MPH. Hope someone finds this as usefull as i have. My kids love watching the speed going up and down from the back seat, when i put the hammer down..

Edited by PR1MEVIL

I've just tried the climatronic diagnosis mode. And was wondering if the speed shown on the climatronic is more accurate than the speedo. It seems to be about 3 mph under the speed of the speedometer. Is this the correct speed being digital? But i guess speedo's are all digital these days, just made to look analogue... Masy be usefull when going through speed cameras to know that doing 35mph on speedo, really means about 31-32. BTW to get the diagnosis mode working, just press down arrow + blue temp button + ECON button. Use the blue and red for up and down in the menus. Number 16 is the speed display (there are 79 i think) most are temperature displays and stuff, i did find a complete list showing all values somewhere on these forums, but cant find it again. Also if you press ECON and AUTO, it changes the values from KPH -MPH. Hope someone finds this as usefull as i have. My kids love watching the speed going up and down from the back seat, when i put the hammer down..

I think you will find the speedos normally read slightly higher than actual. I know my Tom Tom Sat Nav reads about 3mph less than speedo in ALL cars I use it in - maybe this is the same?

I think you will find the speedos normally read slightly higher than actual. I know my Tom Tom Sat Nav reads about 3mph less than speedo in ALL cars I use it in - maybe this is the same?

same experience here, speedo shows 5-6 kmh more than speed shown on gps nav (tryed mobile phone gps, garmin & tomtom)

When I tried thatthe speed was waaay out, although now you mention it display in KMH and MPH I may of had it in KMH :S

But yes, speedo usually reads under

When I tried thatthe speed was waaay out, although now you mention it display in KMH and MPH I may of had it in KMH :S

But yes, speedo usually reads under

Ye it will of been KMH. just press AUTO and ECON to change to imperial.. Works on the heater display also, from 'C to 'F

The speed reading in the instrument cluster will read higher than true speed. It's coded into the cluster itself. You can recode it out again manually but it's a fair bit of work for no real gain.

The temperature readings on the dash are similar in that they don't show the true temperature all the time.

It'd suggest the climatronic speed indicates a more accurate reading.