Flickering ABS light.

Disconnected the battery and then reconnected it a few weeks ago. Since then my ABS light has been flickering on whilst driving, but it is almost like everything is momentarily cutting out as the radio crackles or switches off and on again. Not only that but it also hunts for the correct idle when taking foot off accelerator sometimes dropping so low that the engine cuts out.

Anyone got any ideas. I'm not to good with electrical faults which I'm pretty sure this is.

Yup dodgy connection, take the clamps off and clean the posts, while you're at it check the wires on the fuse box above the battery.

Edited by Raf_75

Yup dodgy connection, take the clamps off and clean the posts, while you're at it check the wires on the fuse box above the battery.

Hehe, you'd know all about that wouldn't you? :giggle:

Shouldn't laugh!

ABS light seems to have sorted itself out. Drove it today and not one flicker. As you all said, probably a dodgy connection somewhere. However, it's still struggling to find it's idle rev once foot taken off accelerator and sometimes cuts out. I'll be looking into that this week.

i had the same drama with my old volvo s70 and abs light, took it to the auto electricians and charged 40 pound and still couldnt find falt so i went back messed abt abit myself and found it was a poor batt conection silly littel thing :dull: