Fabia VRS - Fuel Temp Sensor Location

Hi guys

Hoping someone can help me out.

The engine management light came on the missus Fabia VRS last week. I've plugged the car in to VAGCOM and its the Fuel Temp Sensor (not Coolant Temp Sensor) part was ordered and I picked it up this morning.

Come to fit it and haven't the foggiest where the bloody thing is! The sensor has come with the housing and from a brief scan of the engine bay I can't find anything which bares any resemblance. I should have just double checked whilst I was at the dealers but totally forgot.

Can anyone do me a quick photo of its location?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi

I changed mine the other week. The sensor is located on the right hand side of the head between the head and the air intake. The clips are a real git to get apart without the correct tackle so leave the housing on the pipe and just change the sensor by removing the funny "R" clip type thing. should take about ten min and have a rag below because it will dribble some fuel out.

Regards Chris

Chris cheers for the reply.

I've been working away for the early part of the week so only just coming back to this now.

Still struggling to find this sensor even after quite a bit of time spent tonight, either I'm being thick or this sensor is not at all obvious.

I'm looking round here but nothing is jumping out at me.

4886048304_858f55a78a_z.jpg

Hi

I changed mine the other week. The sensor is located on the right hand side of the head between the head and the air intake. The clips are a real git to get apart without the correct tackle so leave the housing on the pipe and just change the sensor by removing the funny "R" clip type thing. should take about ten min and have a rag below because it will dribble some fuel out.

Regards Chris

Hi

If you look on your photo at there is the right hand lower mount for the engine cover and to the right of that there is a pipe with a blue mark on it. The sensor is in that pipe just below the mounting for the engine cover. You can just see the brown looking clip that holds it in in the photo.

Regards Chris

Thanks for your patience!

After I'd posted up the image and had a good look and that sensor jumped out at me. Sods law that you then confirm its the one, could have changed it in the time it took to take the photo, upload it and post to the thread.

Done this morning, as you say a quick fix once you know where you are looking.

Mike

Hi

If you look on your photo at there is the right hand lower mount for the engine cover and to the right of that there is a pipe with a blue mark on it. The sensor is in that pipe just below the mounting for the engine cover. You can just see the brown looking clip that holds it in in the photo.

Regards Chris