Buying a new vRS

RichDay

Hi guys,

Really thinking of getting a new Octavia vRS. Test drove one yesterday and loved it. It's much nicer than my Honda Civic *lol*

What I'd like to know is how much did you guys manage to haggle the dealer down? They seem a bit reluctant to drop the price any....

The other thing was, have any of you had any experience with online brokers? Anyone you'd reccommend?

TIA

Bunch of flowers for the Mrs :rofl: Now that's good sales, bet she was pretty happy with that as well :D

I must admit I had a quick look at the Octi as well whilst I was at the dealers today for my test drive, but it's just out of my price range if I want a good set of standard options :(

depends mate. i ordered mine monday. the main problem is getting one i wanted xanons,esp,cruise and black. i was lucky cus a dealer ordered one as a demo but they swapped it with my local dealer and it the only one in the country it u want one with those options you wont get it till may i had to take parking s's aswell. good as gold though cus the they gave me a fair (just) price for my car and knocked 390 of the list i payed 15200 all in. doesnt sound the best deal but its the best in the country. speack to irvine skoda in bridgewater and speak to adam, he is clued up and might be able to help u???????????

Hi guys' date='

Really thinking of getting a new Octavia vRS. Test drove one yesterday and loved it. It's much nicer than my Honda Civic *lol*

What I'd like to know is how much did you guys manage to haggle the dealer down? They seem a bit reluctant to drop the price any....

The other thing was, have any of you had any experience with online brokers? Anyone you'd reccommend?

TIA[/quote']

Paid

Cheers for the replies guys! You've been very helpful.

This might have to wait till the new year now, got christmas holidays and stuff in the way; I'm leaving Essex for Sussex tomorrow to spend time with the family and won't be back until January. Quite annoying really seeing as I'll probably have to order the car and wait a month or three for it to be delivered. Oh well, there's over-drinking and over-eating to be done so I guess it's not all bad...

Merry Christmas! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased mine last month, a metallic silver vrs for 12,500 (pre-registered) but otherwise it was brand new with 2 miles on the clock. Keep your eye on the official Skoda website for these..

I'm just buying another 2nd hand silver VRS, Production of VRS has been slowed down, not stopped as no decision has been made on the new shape version yet! Reluctance to shag the price is because they have become very desirable, but hey, we've known that for ages! I know where there ios a red one 54 plate with 3k on the clock for

bought my second vRS 2 months ago second hand but was looking at new one. sent emails to about 20 dealers in south of england and although 1 or 2 didn't respond or refused to quote me most did. the best price i got was