ABS Pump

There are posts on this elsewhere, but I'm still slightly confused, and nervous, as I'm thinking of buying one, and a £1500 bill is not appealling. There have been suggestions of buying a warranty, but at £350 a year, this seems a bit pointless as they fail every 3 to 5 years, which means I'd be better banking the money and taking my chances.

There appears to be an issue with the mk60 abs pump on the Skoda Octavia (as well as other VW's), which features in some Skodas, but apparently the mk70 is ok.

I'm looking at a 2007 2.0D 140PD L&K, as I want the leather seats, I therefore beleive this has the dodgey pump, Am I right ? What would I need to buy, to get one with one of the good abs pumps ?

Also, Skoda/VW must have records on the amount failing. Is there no way they can be made to issue this information, freedom of information act or something, and then people could make an assessment of the risk ?

There are a host of manufacturers who use essentially the same device and suffer the same problem.

Bear in mind that there are now companies that can repair these units and, with labour to R&R the pump/ecu assembly, you shouldn't need to spend more than about £350.

There is a company that repairs these units for about £300, and its a permanent repair, as they don't use the same crappy parts that were used in the original build of these abs units, google it and it should pop up

There is a company that repairs these units for about £300, and its a permanent repair, as they don't use the same crappy parts that were used in the original build of these abs units, google it and it should pop up

Thats right. The company is called ECU testing.