Black and Bad

yellowyeller

Just got home having placed my order with the nice people at Citygate Skoda in Colindale.

2.0 TDi 140CR DSG Elegance

Pearlescent black metallic paint

Onyx black leather

Silver roof rails

Tyre pressure monitor

Spare wheel

Textile floor mats

Decorative rear bumper trim

Mud flaps

May I take my place in the Briskoda virtual Yeti queue? Blimey, it's an awfully long way to the front - I hope I get there in time for Christmas.

Just got home having placed my order with the nice people at Citygate Skoda in Colindale.

2.0 TDi 140CR DSG Elegance

Pearlescent black metallic paint

Onyx black leather

Silver roof rails

Tyre pressure monitor

Spare wheel

Textile floor mats

Decorative rear bumper trim

Mud flaps

May I take my place in the Briskoda virtual Yeti queue? Blimey, it's an awfully long way to the front - I hope I get there in time for Christmas.

Welcome aboard yellowyeller, you're welcome to join the queue :giggle:

Did you order the 4x4? and you didn't go for the rough road package :o

Welcome aboard yellowyeller, you're welcome to join the queue :giggle:

Did you order the 4x4? and you didn't go for the rough road package :o

Well, I don't expect to do much actual off-road driving... and surely the ground clearance is good enough to cope with all but serious rough stuff? Might be time to revise my order though if I have dropped a proverbial... any more info available?

I ordered a 4x4 and did not get the rough road package. Just order the foils to put on the doors that is part of the package... That is really all you need for normal use.

And by the way macdemon: All 140's are 4x4! emoticon-0140-rofl.gif It is only the 110 that can be either.

The rough road package isn't just about driving through Afghanistanon special forces missions :giggle: , it will give protection to more sensitive areas under the car from stone chips as well as road grime and salt :thumbup:

Im my view, it was a necessity, so we added it to our order :yes:

Edited by Macdemon

The rough road package isn't just about driving through Afghanistanon special forces missions :giggle: , it will give protection to more sensitive areas under the car from stone chips as well as road grime and salt :thumbup:

Im my view, it was a necessity, so we added it to our order :yes:

Rough Road Pack was one of the key features that made me go for the SE as it was not available on the S. Don't do much off-road either but I was advised to spec it by the pro driver that took us out in the CZ demo last August which was equipped with the pack.

The steel under-tray is much more substantial than the standard plastic item and affords the oil sump a much higher level of protection from for example road debris such as bits of HGV tyre that would otherwise go straight through the plastic cover if you were unlucky enough to hit something like that, particularly at night. Also if you have fords to cross it's a lot less likely to get pulled off being bolted rather than clipped in place :S

TP

Rough Road Pack was one of the key features that made me go for the SE as it was not available on the S. Don't do much off-road either but I was advised to spec it by the pro driver that took us out in the CZ demo last August which was equipped with the pack.

The steel under-tray is much more substantial than the standard plastic item and affords the oil sump a much higher level of protection from for example road debris such as bits of HGV tyre that would otherwise go straight through the plastic cover if you were unlucky enough to hit something like that, particularly at night. Also if you have fords to cross it's a lot less likely to get pulled off being bolted rather than clipped in place emoticon-0124-worried.gif

TP

Yes, for what it cost, the Rough Road Pack is well worth it. With today's pot-hole ridden roads with all sorts of crap that it's possible to drive over, having additional underbody protection makes sense. The case for rear wheel arch foils has been well documented here on the forum.

Wow I was a bit shocked to see those brake pipes so exposed ?? I am sure I have asked this before so apologies if I have but how much does it reduce the clearance by ? Anyway all this probably academic as I am awaiting a build date since beg May so probably too late to add it.

:doh:

Wow I was a bit shocked to see those brake pipes so exposed ?? I am sure I have asked this before so apologies if I have but how much does it reduce the clearance by ? Anyway all this probably academic as I am awaiting a build date since beg May so probably too late to add it.

:doh:

The pipework in the photo are the fuel lines the brake pipework is on the other side. Regard clearance then if you refer to ground clearance then there is no difference with or without the pack.

TP

Fuel lines yikes !!! Had I seen those pics before I ordered I would have ordered the bits as quite surprised to see them exposed like that !

That level of protection ought to be standard kit on the 4x4's dont you think ??

:yes:

Defiantly should be standard on the Yeti as a matter or course along with the off-road button on the 4x4.

edit; oh the exposed fuel and brake lines are the same on all cars some are much worse than on the Yeti

4904125252_7429effee9_z.jpg

For example the fuel lines on my wife's Corsa no floor pan covers either (brakes again on the other side)

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Defiantly should be standard on the Yeti as a matter or course along with the off-road button on the 4x4.

edit; oh the exposed fuel and brake lines are the same on all cars some are much worse than on the Yeti

4904125252_7429effee9_z.jpg

For example the fuel lines on my wife's Corsa no floor pan covers either (brakes again on the other side)

Regards,

TP

OK, have been persuaded ... rough road package now added to my order...