MFD and auto lights reset ?

Hi - Today I found my mfd clock had gone back an hour, and the green dashboard light that shows the lights are on, will not work when auto-lights are on (it used to) but works when you manually turn the lights switch to ON. Has something reset ?

I could understand that with the mfd but not with the green lights-on indicator on the dash, which does work but not when the auto lights are on.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Just wondered - if the mfd reset has defaulted to "Daytime Running Lights" option , (I have never used this) then when the DRL's are on, does the green lamp show or not ? If not then that would explain it.

However it is definitely the headlight shell that is lit, so are these where the DRL's are ??

Edited by Chocaholic

My green dash headlight mimic shows when the headlights are on either manually or when the auto function turns them on but not when the DRLs are on. (The DRLs are located in the fog light assembly not the main headlight). Does that shed any light :giggle: on the subject?

Edited by sailbadthesinner

The clock shifting one hour is most likely caused by accidentlly altering the "Daylight saving" option on the maxidot, as that shifts the clock one hour.

With DRLs enabled and the headlight switch on "0" the green light for the headlights on mine is lit up, since on early versions of the superb2 the DRL option uses the headlights (no extra bulb in foglights). When in "auto" the green light only lights when the headlights are actually switched on, and is off even if the DRL's are turned on using the maxidot.

Thanks all - more info has arisen - I think it was DRL's lit but I found I had been using the "spare" sey of keys - when I used the normal set, , the clock reset to GMT immediately but the DRL's seemed to be on. Looking in maxidot the DRL's said they were off but weren't, so I used the "mechanical" DRL-off procedure using the light switch column and ignition and since then they seem to have stayed off. :thumbup:

So it appears some settings are stored with the keys ..... :yes: