Leaving Skoda for a while...

Dmac1969

Hi all ,

Im leaving the world of Skoda ownership as of Wednesday , just done the deal on a Mk V VW Golf GTI 3 door on an 05 reg - Tornado Red with full heated leather , CD changer in centre console and 18 in wheels , 37K miles with FVWSH. Looking forward to it , although slightly sad to be saying goodbye to my faithfull little MPI , which I got 1000 quid for in trade in! Heres a pic off my phone that i took just after the test drive.

DSC00115.jpg

Very nice. Was this the one advertised on the GTI Mk5 forum?

Have fun B)

Stay around here anyway - it's all the same kit, just with a different badge :D

Cheers,

Steve

No I got it at Western Volkswagen in Edinburgh , Kinnaird Park. Thing is , I went in to look at a couple of GT TDI MKVs they had , and came away with a GTI! (The GTI wasnt on their website at the time so I had no idea they had one in). Yeah i will stop around here from time to time , and will probably be back in a Skoda at some point in the future. :thumbup:

Good stuff! Just don't expect it to be as economical as a GT TDi - more fun though :D

Stop in at the Octy II section, as the hints & tips etc will be of use. Plus anything you want to tweak or modify ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks I will try! Wardy - it might not be as economical as a TDI , but it wont be much worse than my MPI , should see low 40s on a run sticking to the speed limit (mostly!) which is all I can coax out of the Fabia. SUL to pay for again though.....