Spanner and 'OIL' flashing

NeilH

Hi there,

Started the car up this morning to be greeted with the spanner (same as service indicator?) and the 'OIL' flashing next to it. Checked the oil straight away and it was above the min - topped it back up to the max.

I've done two 6/ 7 mile trips today and the spanner and 'OIL' text is still there. The car was serviced in February, so next service isn't due until then.

What could be wrong?

Cheers

Edited by NeilH

Started the car up this morning to be greeted with the spanner (same as service indicator?) and the 'OIL' flashing next to it. Checked the oil straight away and it was above the min - topped it back up to the max.

I've done two 6/ 7 mile trips today and the spanner and 'OIL' text is still there. The car was serviced in February, so next service isn't due until then.

What could be wrong?

Check the owner's manual but I think it means that an oil change service is required (as opposed to a full service) - maybe whoever serviced it in Feb didn't reset the service interval. If you're happy that the servicing is up to date you can simply reset it yourself.

Check the owner's manual but I think it means that an oil change service is required (as opposed to a full service) - maybe whoever serviced it in Feb didn't reset the service interval. If you're happy that the servicing is up to date you can simply reset it yourself.

Ah I see, thanks for the advice.

Was a bit confused as I normally get the 'INSP' when it's due a service. Will just reset it as I know when it's due its service.

Cheers

The service indicator may be correct, if you have done over 8,000 miles since the last service. The service interval is based on 15000 Km, which equates to 9,300 miles and will appear before 9,300 miles to give you time to plan the next service.

The INSP is based on time.