Toyo T1-R's fitted today...

Aaquil

Visited 'EVENT TYRES' Old Trafford, Manchester this Thursday just gone. The tracking needed doing...checked the tyres front two were worn down to the wear 'indicators' and the back two were not brilliant either. Went to office to get some quotes on new set:

[1] Toyo Proxes T1-R - £270

[2] Goodyear Eagle F1's GSD3 (Old ones) - £290

[3] Goodyear Eagle F1's Asymmetric - Just over £300

[4] Neros and Rosso - around £330 mark.

By the way 205/55 16's

The guy stated that Toyos we really grippy but wear quick as softer compound...I have always used Eagle F1's so I thought I would try the Toyos. All three fitted, balanced and tracking done for £290. They mentioned to pop in next wqeek to ensure that tracking was fine.

First impressions, solid more planted feel...have not pushed them yet will let you know after letting them bed in a bit.

He mentioned that AVONS are quite good these days...I always thought they were naff?

Got my gasket for throttle body will get on with that as soon as the weather gets a little better

Edited by Aaquil

ive used toyo proxes on my afew of my cars, they are really grippy, after a years worth of hard driving, about 20,000 miles they were only about 75% worn and i thought that was really good going :thumbup:

What were you doing in those cars .....levatating ???

20k out of a set ???

I got 9k lol