Need advice about Eibach Springs... & springs and lowering in general!

Motoract

Hi There.

So I've got a 9n TDI polo on sport suspension as standard, and the ride is really bouncy and trashes around and it's not as low as I'd like it to be. but I believe it's 25mm from standard.

I first bought some cobra cheap 50mm lowering springs and put these on the original shocks. made it the perfect ride hight, but it was the most awful thing EVER to drive.

here it is on the right sat on 50mm springs, note the car on the left is on hot tuning coilovers all the way down... so shows you how low it was!!

15843_176246136570_618981570_3309161_4735591_n.jpg

also got a friend with a tdi polo on some cheap coilovers and that is bad for ride quality same hot tuning coilovers.

but then I have a friend who's mk5 golf is on some Eibach springs and it's such a lovely ride! I'm looking for this ride hight!

but does his car ride like this because it's a golf so IE better build quality?

His car.....

26409_10150153769170174_613100173_11988867_4292996_n.jpg

as you can see, i've tried lots of cars and options to try make this work, and a lot of friends! lol.

So basicly I'm hoping that some Eibach springs are going to be my blessing....!

I want to be lower yet I'd like to ride quality to get maybe better but I could cope with a bit worse!

and I've been reading reviews about the Eibach springs actually being a better ride than the standard sports springs on the fabia VRS! can anyone back this up?

& then the conflict in expectations of how low the springs will make the car...

here they say 20mm - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=555575855

same part number 30mm (for my model) - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Polo-1-4TDi-1-9TDi-SDi-1-8V5-Eibach-Spring-Kit-08-02-22-/110416653624?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19b5586d38#ht_1837wt_911

anyone help me at all? point me in the right direction!!!!!!

cheers.

It's going to be a combination thing. Your wheels and tyres look bigger too? 17s and 40 profile? That's not going to help ride comfort at least...

Try here for tech details...

http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/cms/en/performance_guide

Looks like a 30mm drop. Normally I'd waffle on about dampers but if the Polo sports suspension uprates them already, then there's a reasonable chance they'll work OK with the Eibachs as it looks like both spring sets lower by a similar amount.

What you really need to make the car handle is one of these...

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=8060

...or...

http://www.jabbasport.com/store/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=JSARB

J.

The wheels are 205/45/16's.... toyo TR1's but also the ride was the same on P zero's... so can't be cheap tyres but maybe the profile....

& yes I've been looking at those for handling, but I can't bring myself to spend that much that atm.

atm I'm just looking to go low with maximum ride comfort!

I find the Eibach's more comfortable than the standard suspension was, its lovely! As soon as you start throwing the car around however, the progressive nature of the springs does help vastly in reducing diving/rolling. I still am yet to purchase an ARB, but will get one soon.

you seem to be talking about just springs and standard shocks (this means suspention set up that is not matched, car makers spend millions trying to get spring rates and damper settings in the right combination) and it tends to f**k the standard shocks ruining the ride and handling)

OR

Coilovers, which are always going to be harsh on britains roads...

suggestion: have you though about a "matched" set of aftermarket springs AND shocks from the same manufacturer? this should give yopu the lowering you desire without the negative aspects :thumbup:

Guest BigJase88

any lowering springs and standard shockers aint going to be the best combo

coilovers if you want low - but you wont get comfort

if comfort is what you want buy a 4x4 or return to standard springs LOL

The wheels are 205/45/16's.... toyo TR1's but also the ride was the same on P zero's... so can't be cheap tyres but maybe the profile....

& yes I've been looking at those for handling, but I can't bring myself to spend that much that atm.

atm I'm just looking to go low with maximum ride comfort!

Ah, OK, I thought the wheels looked a bit "TT comp". If they're 16s, then no point criticising them or you for changing them... ho-hum. :)

Has to be said that this chassis isn't the best for comfort, especially with a sporty suspension setup. Lowering the car lots won't help in that respect.

One thing occurs to me... Have you seen/checked the bump stops on the suspension? Lowering can result in the bump stops coming into play long before they should, resulting in a crashy, unpredictable ride.

J.