Re-Boot Bluetooth?

Having a few problems with my factory-fitted bluetooth. I have a Win Mobile phone and have changed phone software a few times over the last few days. I suspect that I have got a number of profiles stored in the car BT system, and I believe that this is confusing the pairing process.

Question - Does anyone know if the Skoda BT (very latest) system can be re-booted? This would clear out the old pairings and I can start from scratch.

I am loathe to pull the fuse (if there is one!) in case it screws up the canbus coding. On my Columbus, I have selected Setup, Phone, Restore to Factory Settings, but that hasn't cleared out the old pairings.

I have asked Skoda whether old pairings can be deleted. I certainly can't find such an option on my Maxidot. Still waiting for an answer.

Thanks.

Nor sure about a reboot, but once you have connected the handset, you should be able to see all the other profiles and delete them.

I think you go Settings - Users and the options are there somewhere. Can't quite remember from memory.

Nor sure about a reboot, but once you have connected the handset, you should be able to see all the other profiles and delete them.

I think you go Settings - Users and the options are there somewhere. Can't quite remember from memory.

Thanks for your help.

Managed to pair my phone successfully again this morning. With it paired, I searched through the options and setup menus on Columbus and Maxidot. Cannot for the life of me find a 'Users' or 'Profiles' setting.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thanks again.

Have you actually only physically paired one phone ever to the system?

The profiles should be listed as detailed in the above post. If you're still not having any luck, what I'd suggest is that you rename the Bluetooth name of the phone within Windows Mobile, re-pair with that name to the system - and then see if you can then delete any of the other pairings.

Steve

Thanks for your help, guys.

I was sure that I had looked into the Bluetooth menu, but I'll check again.

Yes, I have only ever paired one phone. But, I had given it a different ID every time I reloaded the software, so that the Skoda BT recognised a different phone each time.

I'll be pairing my son's IPhone 4 this weekend, so that should definitely reveal a different user/profile.