rear screen bond?

pondweed

I noticed (coming up to end of warranty) that the black section round the clear part of the rear windscreen has some air pockets visible under the glass - presumably where the glass is not in contact with sealant.

Is this something others have noticed... or done anything about?

Windscreens and rear windows that are bonded to the bodywork are an integral part of the vehicle construction, if it appears that the glass is not in full contact all round then see dealer as soon as possible.

What model year is your car? Mine is a 58-plate and has one small 'streak' on the rear screen that looks like a non-contact area with the sealant. Only noticed it a couple of months ago - I photographed it and am keeping a watch on it - will decide what to do before the warranty ends.

What model year is your car? Mine is a 58-plate and has one small 'streak' on the rear screen that looks like a non-contact area with the sealant. Only noticed it a couple of months ago - I photographed it and am keeping a watch on it - will decide what to do before the warranty ends.

mines 57 - was in to West Sussex Motors today, and they said they cant do anything about it - a number of other cars on the forecourt had similar marks. The sealant width appears quite wide, so I can see it isnt really a problem as long as there isnt a breach... its just a bit unsightly under scrutiny.

I also brought up the roughness reversing/moving off - I suggested it could be the console bushes but he said they were fine (MOT'd)... he said the 3-pots were all pretty awful and it was characteristic.

Plus side, they fitted a new gear lever (surround was coming away) and a new headlight (uppy downy thing wasnt functioning) - they spotted that, not me, so good on them.

Fabias Mk1s were shockers for this. Some on here were able to get it done under warranty. On Fabias at least, it happened where the black paint on the inside of the glass (to obscure the sealant) came away from the glass. As mentioned above, the sealant itself doesn't fill the entire 'black' area (as anyone who's had a replacement windscreen will know!)