1.2TSi & Heated Windscreen

Allams Skoda

Not sure if you've already found this out or not but you can now order the 1.2TSi engine with a heated front windscreen which you couldn't do before for some reason...

£200 option. Money well spent I think after using one in a Superb Estate recently.

Not sure if you've already found this out or not but you can now order the 1.2TSi engine with a heated front windscreen which you couldn't do before for some reason...

£200 option. Money well spent I think after using one in a Superb Estate recently.

Ah, you couldn't let me choose that option back in September when I placed the order for mine!

I can change the order for you if you like?

Hi, that was a quick response,

If it won't delay the order I will let you know on Monday if I want to add it..

Us early retirees have to watch the pennies, no overtime on a pension. :(

The Yeti has been the first new Skoda we've had and I've learned the lesson.

DON'T buy a new model in it's first year or two... the options you want will be added later after you've bought one. :thumbdown:

I can change the order for you if you like?

O.K. James, go ahead and add it to the order - I've e-mailed you privately on this.

Just hope SWMBO doesn't kill me! :sweat:

Our first thoughts were that we wouldn't need it if the car was garaged, but on second thoughts the main problem is when the screen hits cold air and there is warmer moist air inside - and that happens after you've started driving. Either have to drive with the windows open, stop and wipe the screen or stop her talking to reduce the condensation. :giggle:

One disadvantage of the diesel Octavia is that it is a few miles into a journey before the heat comes through to demist thoroughly even with air con on, not helped by my gentle driving style no doubt - achieving 45-55 mpg has its downside!

now the colder wet weather is here, im really missing the heated screen option'...my S yeti's heating system doesnt seem to keep steamy windows at bay easy esp the screen' :doh: ..i know AC would clear it but i like high mpg lol

Great, first we were told no driver's electric seat on uk cars, then it was no heated screen on the 1.2TSI. Both are options I would've gone for when ordering.

I wouldn't mind if there was a legitimate technical reason but there obviously isn't one - what a pain in the ass.

Great, first we were told no driver's electric seat on uk cars, then it was no heated screen on the 1.2TSI. Both are options I would've gone for when ordering.

I wouldn't mind if there was a legitimate technical reason but there obviously isn't one - what a pain in the ass.

A factory is a machine. It does things like a machine does things. Hence when a new car comes out it will be available in 5 colours and two engines. Then another engine gets added, then more colours and over the first few years the options will increase. All of us ordering electric seats will only get them built from week 44 since that is the time the factory machine can start to process these combinations. Same with the electric windscreen and the 1,2. It is annoying yes, but just one reason not to buy a car the day it comes out.

O.K. James, go ahead and add it to the order - I've e-mailed you privately on this.

Just hope SWMBO doesn't kill me! :sweat:

Our first thoughts were that we wouldn't need it if the car was garaged, but on second thoughts the main problem is when the screen hits cold air and there is warmer moist air inside - and that happens after you've started driving. Either have to drive with the windows open, stop and wipe the screen or stop her talking to reduce the condensation. :giggle:

One disadvantage of the diesel Octavia is that it is a few miles into a journey before the heat comes through to demist thoroughly even with air con on, not helped by my gentle driving style no doubt - achieving 45-55 mpg has its downside!

Added to the order!

A factory is a machine. It does things like a machine does things. Hence when a new car comes out it will be available in 5 colours and two engines. Then another engine gets added, then more colours and over the first few years the options will increase. All of us ordering electric seats will only get them built from week 44 since that is the time the factory machine can start to process these combinations. Same with the electric windscreen and the 1,2. It is annoying yes, but just one reason not to buy a car the day it comes out.

How come I saw a LHD yeti about a year ago with an electric driver's seat??

When I enquired I was told it was unavailable on RHD models due to a 'technical reason'.

That doesn't seem to be the case now does it.

And why the hell should I wait x months/years before buying a new car?

And I'm not being rude here but please don't patronise me. This looks like another classic Skoda balls up and nothing more.

Since we all know how SUK does things - or not - you might have a point in terms of a balls up. But most 90% of the time I can guarantee you there would be a good legitimate reason why the Hitachi robot in Kvasiny can't put a right hand drive electric seat in a Yeti BUT can put a LHD one in. Sometimes bits of metal just aren't as logical as us humans would want them to be.