Prague Airport

salmotruttafario

I was in Prague airport and there is a metallic brown SE sitting there in the duty free area. I was tempted to try my key in it but I'm not sure that they would have found that amusing..... I reckon it was a 1.2 as it didn't have the 4x4 on the tailgate. No information attached to it so anyone who was actually interested would not know how much it cost or the range - seemed a bit pointless having it there! Didn't see a single one over the weekend in Prague. :thumbup:

I am there in two weeks time so I'll check to see if anyone has popped it in their hand luggage. The last time I was in Prague, 8 years ago, the place was awash with new Octavia's. They were very French in their loyalty to Skoda.

You would have expected a few Yeti's. I'll report back.

I was in the Czech Republic for 5 days a few weeks ago and saw a grand total of 5 Yetis including the one in Prague airport and one belonging to a security company which was festooned with dayglo stripes and flashing lights and which I thought looked rather good (though I may have been feeling the effects of the excellent Czech beer at the time).

Phibes

I was in the Czech Republic for 5 days a few weeks ago and saw a grand total of 5 Yetis including the one in Prague airport and one belonging to a security company which was festooned with dayglo stripes and flashing lights and which I thought looked rather good (though I may have been feeling the effects of the excellent Czech beer at the time).

Phibes

I also went over to Czech for 5 days the week before last. I saw no more than a handful the whole time - which included 3 days with my wife's family near the Polish border (120 miles drive from Prague).

We were with friends, who were beginning to think the Yeti really is mythical until we saw the one in departures at the airport!

Edited by yellowyeller

Aaaahhhhh. If you were there at a weekend does that mean you were on a stag trip? Did you not see any Yeti's as you only had eyes for beer and naked ladies in strip clubs?

Nope - met up with some chums from a company I used to be with and had a very cultural trip around museums etc. Still had the beer if not the naked ladies :|)

Any recommendations? I am going with work and with the way the flights have worked out I am taking my wife. A bit of culture will be on the agenda once the work has been dealt with.

Get a good guidebook (Dorling Kindersley do a good one). Get a tram/subway pass and mooch around the place. Old town square and Wenceslas square obviously, but wander up to the castle too. It's a gorgeous city.

Phil

Any recommendations? I am going with work and with the way the flights have worked out I am taking my wife. A bit of culture will be on the agenda once the work has been dealt with.

There's a good website for Prague airport; I used it to book taxis and it was reasonable and not the most expensive. Castle and museums are a must see. Keep an eye on your valuable when in the tourist areas - like any other touristy place.

The main sites are all great - old town square, charles bridge, castle - but my advice is to wander a little, especially around Petrin Park, Mala Strana, the areas around the old town etc. The best eateries are also away from heavily touristed areas.

Stick with beer - the wine is mostly gash - Pilsner Urquell is the best but Kozel, Krakonos & Primator are all good (avoid Staropramen!). The Czechs are the largest per capita consumers of beer in the world so beer IS culture there!

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from 3 days in Prague. The Muscavado Yeti is still inside the airport terminal, still with no information attached. I counted 4 Yeti's in total during my stay, pretty poor really. Prague is truly awash with Octavia's, quite incredible how many there are driving around. Next in line were the Skoda Superb, magnificent in black, the estate especially so. In terms of Skoda the next most common was then the Roomster and then finally the Fabia. I was expecting more Fabia's and less Roomsters so that was a surprise.

I did see a huge poster for an Orange, not tangerine, special edition Yeti but I don't know what was special about it. I saw a number of the tangerine Fabia's and I would say that the colour looks excellent in the flesh, better than pictures online. The special edition Yeti was definitely orange though.

All in all, Prague was beautiful, the beer is excellent, the restaurants and bars are atmospheric (I did not find anywhere with a bulb over 40 watts) but I would never want to drive in it. Also, take comfy shoes as everywhere is cobbled. Thoroughly recommended.