Replaced head gasket, now losing coolant - again!

So, I had a visible raditor fluid leak below my car back in May of 2010. Had the head gasket replaced and did a few other replacements while we had things opened up in there, e.g. timing belt, etc. I joined Briskoda shortly after that because after the work had been done the engine light immediately came on and we eventually determined that it was a P2540 fuel low pressure sensor - range/performance problem, which as one member in Briskoda suggested may have occured while the timing belt was being replaced. My mechanic, however, disagreed and of course didn't agree to cover those new costs, but spent a lot of time proving it wasn't anything else.

Anyway, here's the problem now. I am losing, most likely burning, coolant again and about every two weeks, depending on how far I drive, I have to top off the radiator fluid. Clearly, that's too often and either the new gasket didn't hold up OR that wasn't even the primary problem in the first place. The heads were, of course, shaved down before the new gasket was put in and apparently there was no sign of warping. I cannot visibly see the leak as I could before the gasket was replaced, but regardless I'm losing (or burning) fluid somehow.

Any ideas as to what could be going on? Worst/best case scenarios?

Diky moc za pomoc! (that means "thanks a lot for the help" in Czech; thought some of you guys might get a kick out of knowing a few words or two in Czech, being Skoda lovers and all...)

A good starting point would be a cooling system pressure test. If could be many places (e.g. head gasket, rad again, heater matrix). If the leak is fairly small it could be hard to trace because the liquid will evaporate quickly from hot components. A pressure test on a stone cold engine would be best.

If its the HG then a hydrocarbon test on the header tank should prove the point.

As I said above, and HC test over the header tank will nail whether its the HG or not. If its not the HG then pressure test on a cold engine and have a good look for leaks. Water pump spindle is a good source of obscure leaks - often they only leak when hot and seal up again as they cool down.