Door locks for Felly

If we're talking lock cylinders, a complete new set is (I think) in the region of £90 for the parts only, but you may need the immobiliser reprogramming too if you couldn't swap the transponders from your existing keys. Someone mentioned in a recent thread that a single new cylinder built to match the existing ones was about £20, but I think you'll need the original key number for that.

However, if it's the lock mechanism itself, or (fairly commonly) the clip on the end of the cylinder at fault, those can be nicked off any similar car at scrapyard prices.

Needing some help need a rough idea of how much a set of door locks would be for my felly my drivers side one broke this morning.

Swap the driver and passenger barrels over, then fill the "new" passenger one with filler. ;-)

Alex

Swap the driver and passenger barrels over, then fill the "new" passenger one with filler. ;-)

Alex

Swaping over isn't really an option as the passanger side lock is handey when I have to get the kids in the car first. Ideally I would like to get a new lock keyed to my key I already have.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

If we're talking lock cylinders, a complete new set is (I think) in the region of £90 for the parts only, but you may need the immobiliser reprogramming too if you couldn't swap the transponders from your existing keys. Someone mentioned in a recent thread that a single new cylinder built to match the existing ones was about £20, but I think you'll need the original key number for that.

However, if it's the lock mechanism itself, or (fairly commonly) the clip on the end of the cylinder at fault, those can be nicked off any similar car at scrapyard prices.

think it may be the clip on the cylinder, I won't fully know until I strip off the door panel and have a look. Just now was looking for a price to replace. I will have a run up to my local dealer sometime this week and see what they have to say.

think it may be the clip on the cylinder, I won't fully know until I strip off the door panel and have a look. Just now was looking for a price to replace. I will have a run up to my local dealer sometime this week and see what they have to say.

If it's the VW style key, about £18.65 with a six week lead time (if it can wait that long) as they are specially made for you by VW/Skoda.

I still have a barrel, without pins (hence my replacement) if that will help ;-)

Failing that....

http://www.jorily.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=131_4_30&products_id=450

Alex

Had the door card and that off today, took the look out and noticed that the back end of the lock has broken the lever arm is still there so it isn't that. Found half of the metal covering/fixing plate and spring in the bottom of the door. Would provide a picture but forgot to take one. I will get some tomorrow as I ill need to strip down the passanger door now and remove the lock barrel from there and switch it over the now. Not an ideal solution but one that will need to do.