Hi, lurking, maybe after an Octy VRS (Swap?)

JayB

Hi, found the site recently and been having a look around.

Been car-sharing with the g/friend for a year or so and I got a GT TDi Golf for that purpose earlier this year, after a couple of cheap heaps.

Mainly had Audi & VWs for the last 5 years and now I don't need to subject the car to pointless journies (that I wasn't aware of) during her lunch breaks, I thought I'd get something else a bit more exciting again and I fancy an Octavia VRS. I only really do 6 miles twice a day, plus a little running about out of town at the weekends / evenings.

Will be keeping my eye on the classifieds and may even post an ad on here for the Golf once she's had a good clean and polish, pre-winter.

So hello and please get in touch if you or any acquintances fancy a Mk4 Golf for their VRS. Details by pm.

Jay.

Hi & welcome to 'Brisky'

if you're only doing short journeys avoid anything with the Diesel Particulate Filter as it will just clog up. My '57 Octy vRS PD has one as standard & there was a 'recall' a couple of years back where they changed the sensor & engine mapping to reduce DPF warnings so check if you chosen vehicle has been modified. it was a no charge 'tweak' that took an hour

Welcome to the Site.

If your doing that few miles a day, the definately go for petrol, the addtional purchase cost & fuel costs wont be of any real benfit specially when you come to resell.

Cheers for welcomes. I'm looking for a 1.8T for between £2.5 & £3k as that's probably what the Gofl will fetch.

Mileage was around 30 a day but dropped significantly due to the g/friend having just got her own car again. Agree that it's not the best distance for a diesel to be worthwhile, noticing lower mpg now as she takes almost the journey to get up to a decent running temperature.