Heater Problem

Ok eyes down look in, has any one got the same problem or heard of similar that after about 45 mins to an hour of heating ( my journey if 1.5 hours each way every day, that the heater seems to blow cool air out instead of continuing to heat, last night after a hour it got quite chilly in the car and only managed to get any heat out when turned fully up.

Any help would be gratefully accepted....

SNOB

I've not noticed that, but when we had a cold spell the other week, (not too cold, but down to about 4C) I had to have the heater on full to get any sort of useable warmth out of it. This was from the start, but on a half hour journey it didnt get hot, & just put it down to the body of the car being cold & a lot of space to warm up - I'm not looking forward to driving in the winter though! I was quite envious of our Scandanavian freinds with their remote control heaters :) .

I've not noticed that, but when we had a cold spell the other week, (not too cold, but down to about 4C) I had to have the heater on full to get any sort of useable warmth out of it. This was from the start, but on a half hour journey it didnt get hot, & just put it down to the body of the car being cold & a lot of space to warm up - I'm not looking forward to driving in the winter though! I was quite envious of our Scandanavian freinds with their remote control heaters :) .

Not sure if this helps, but I've found that the centre vents seem to blow out cool air, but the remainder (the side vents, floor and windscreen) throw out hot air.

Also, climate control is a bit different to 'non climate' systems in that it regulates the temperature in the car and adjusts itself to maintain the desired temperature.

Not sure if this helps, but I've found that the centre vents seem to blow out cool air, but the remainder (the side vents, floor and windscreen) throw out hot air.

Also, climate control is a bit different to 'non climate' systems in that it regulates the temperature in the car and adjusts itself to maintain the desired temperature.

Thanks for your reply, as it stands the car will be toasty warm for about 45 mins then the heat disappears and can become quite cool not chilly but cool.

SNOB

Thanks for your reply, as it stands the car will be toasty warm for about 45 mins then the heat disappears and can become quite cool not chilly but cool.

The "toasty to cool" circumstances can occur with an air lock in the system, but I can't see how that would relate to the 45-minute part.

Ray

The "toasty to cool" circumstances can occur with an air lock in the system, but I can't see how that would relate to the 45-minute part.

Ray

The air lock theory is my line of thinking but was hoping others might have some input but i must be the only one with this fault.

SNOB

• 1 month later...

The air lock theory is my line of thinking but was hoping others might have some input but i must be the only one with this fault.

SNOB

Just a further post to this I have now realised that when I turn left on such as roundabout or long corner the heat goes of and when I turn Right the same amount it comes back on, it has become apparent now the freezing weather has arrived.

Any clues now does not sound like an airlock to me but more like something loose, has anyone had similar?