Removing seat covers

mattyg

You need em all out. Big Job fella. :S

M8 or M10 (can't remember) spline to remove front seats. Remove runner and seat base from fronts. Undo all hog clips etc......

Easy enough if you have the right tools and are up to the job :yes:

One or two threads on here under technical and guides section for doing it.

Good luck :thumbup:

You need em all out. Big Job fella. :S

M8 or M10 (can't remember) spline to remove front seats. Remove runner and seat base from fronts. Undo all hog clips etc......

Easy enough if you have the right tools and are up to the job :yes:

One or two threads on here under technical and guides section for doing it.

Good luck :thumbup:

Cheers I did a search for removing seat covers. But couldnt find anything I'll have a better look...LOL

Edit: I must be blind I still cant see a thread under the technical guides.

However its actually only the backrest of the drivers seat that needs changing.

Edited by mattyg

Yep. M10 spline is what you need. It took me the best part of two days to replace seat base and seat back for both front seats, plus seat bases for the rears (ask danroly, who saw me at it!) Take care not to get any grit in the threads for the seat base bolts, as the spline bolt heads round off quite easily so you don't want to be using any more force than necessary! I believe you are technically meant to replace the bolts anyway, although it's up to you to decide whether a decent blob of Threadlock will suffice!

FYI, I couldn't do the seat backs for the rear seats, as they're sewn in as far as I can tell, but they were the cleanest bits out of all the upholstery, so a good go with Autoglym got them back to a decent condition.

I also replaced the seat base cushions for the front seats, as the frame had started to push through after having my fat backside on them for 100,000 miles. Simple to do with the covers off, but E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E...

P.S. have moved guide to Fabia TGs section, and pinned it! :)