Need a new key cut.

Dan Almond

Ive already got 2 remote keys, but need just a plain key (without immobiliser) as im planing a few kitesurfing trips, and need a basic key on rope to put round my neck when i surf.

I assume a basic key can be cut, so i can simply use this to open and close the car?

What documents would i need with me to get such a key cut from locksmiths?

Thanks

Dan

Ive already got 2 remote keys, but need just a plain key (without immobiliser) as im planing a few kitesurfing trips, and need a basic key on rope to put round my neck when i surf.

I assume a basic key can be cut, so i can simply use this to open and close the car?

What documents would i need with me to get such a key cut from locksmiths?

Thanks

Dan

You don't need anything to get a key cut. But it may still need to be coded so you'll need a copy of VCDS or a friendly VAS machine operator.

hey,

you dont need anything except the key to be copied. just go into a key cutters and ask for a plain key to be cut.

they might tell you it cant be done without the chip or that only older models can have a key cut like that, but thats balls. they told me that at 2 places in bodmin in cornwall and keynsham near bristol.

i got mine cut in wadebridge, cornwall for £17. used like you to go surfing with just a plain key, with a space to put a chip if i want to. mine is a 2002 fabia btw.

also remember that when you do unlock the car with the key that the car alarm will go off after 10 seconds or so if you dont press the unlock button on the key fob, so dont burry it under lots of stuff!

i learnt that the hard way after getting out in the middle of winter, so cold i was moving like a turtle and the alarm went off...nearly had a heart attack.

any way, good luck!

liam

Www.keysinthepost.co.uk will copy plain keys from a clear photo.

I've had really good service in the past. A tip which even they say is do not get keys delivered to the same address where the car is stored.