HELP! - I'm getting "STOP BRAKE FAULT SERVICE MANUAL" appear on dash!?!

GBDave

Hello,

Hopefully someone on here can help me to diagnose what is wrong with my car as the Skoda main dealer couldn't find anything or ant fault codes and it's sending me insane with the beeping!! :S

It started about 2 weeks ago during the first cold snap of weather and has slowly got worse.

Whenever I first start the car in the morning and almost every time I go round a right hand corner I get beeps coming from the display and the message:

STOP

BRAKE

FAULT

SERVICE

MANUAL

Which then dissapears after about 10 seconds

(maybe water got into something electrical??!!??)

The car is a 55 Reg Superb 1.9TDI Elegance

Any Ideas??? Pleeeeeeease..... :S

It will not store a fault code as it is a service item fault which can be easily fixed hence just the warning until you repair it.

Check the brake fluid level and top up to the max.

Most likely to be a broken cable or wear sensor come loose on the passenger side, possibly rubbing the wheel/suspension on a right bend.

If you have access to VCDS, you may be able to code the cluster to remove the wear indicator alarm.