Gendan Engine Check Pro USB

Chorlton

I've been thinking of purchasing diagnostic package similar to VCDS (VAGCOM) for a while, the only thing putting me off is their high price.

I was looking on the GENDAN website earlier and saw that they now do their own laptop based tool usinff the Elm327 interface.

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_ENG327P.html.

It looks quite good, but I was wondering if anybody on here has used this, or has any experience with using other Elm327 based packages?

Cheers

Paul

• 2 months later...

I know this post is a bit old but as I have both this may help others choose.

ELM Enginecheck Pro will do fault codes and diagnostic on oxygen sensors and some other stuff like voltage-engine load- revs and so on. Its a good product but in reality its only able to do about 10% of what VCDS can do.

If you want to do advanced stuff then VCDS If you just want to code read and check on other basic settings then Enginecheck Pro will do the job.

They are aimed at 2 different markets Professional & Private User

I know this post is a bit old but as I have both this may help others choose.

ELM Enginecheck Pro will do fault codes and diagnostic on oxygen sensors and some other stuff like voltage-engine load- revs and so on. Its a good product but in reality its only able to do about 10% of what VCDS can do.

If you want to do advanced stuff then VCDS If you just want to code read and check on other basic settings then Enginecheck Pro will do the job.

They are aimed at 2 different markets Professional & Private User

Actually, VCDS was aimed and still is aimed at the DIY community. Because all of the DIY people throughout the world cared enough to work with us, we elevated the product to the point where the professionals now respect it. In terms of professional tools, many guys think it must be crap because it is so cheap - and in fact we have trouble selling to the pros. And then there are the DIY folks who think it is too expensive. This world we live in is a conundrum! :|